Worth County Fair to go virtual
The Worth County Fair Board and the Worth County Extension Council announced this week they have decided to cancel this years’ traditional fair and transform the 2020 Worth County Fair from a face-to-face fair to a 4-H and FFA virtual fair due to the public health emergency caused by the spread of COVID-19.
Instead of having volunteers, participants and spectators travel to the fairgrounds to participate, the 4-H/FFA families will instead participate in the activities over the Internet, according to a press release.
“While it is true that some of the events will not happen, many of the core activities will take place virtually so that we can continue to offer an excellent learning experience for the 4-H and FFA youth members,” the release stated.
The two board said this was a difficult decision that was based on the goal of protecting the health and safety of everyone involved.
“While this will be a major change to how we normally conduct the fair, we are confident that our great staff, volunteers, participants and spectators will work hard to make this the best ‘4-H/FFA Virtual Worth County Fair’ possible,” she statement said.
A 4-H and FFA town hall teleconference meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday to discuss the ISU Worth County Extension plan to host this year’s fair on a virtual platform.
The fair had been scheduled for June 17 through June 21.
MINNEAPOLIS — Minnesota hospitals continue to discharge patients infected with COVID-19 to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities where... read more